The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- Workshop on Intercutural Competence and Nonviolent Action for Georgetown University’s Center for Social Justice
- Keynote Address at “Teaching about Global Conflict and Peacebuilding” Conference
- Nonviolence Presentation at New School of VA
- Peace Education Summer Online Course
- Cultivating Peace in Our Schools Gathering
- RT @runnersworld: How can I recover from my half or full? flip.it/jsWcS @mooventures 14 hours ago
- .@Mooventures runs the #BostonMarathon in honor of her former student who died in last year's bombings nydn.us/1i4H8tR #peace 1 day ago
- Princeton Study: U.S. No Longer An Actual Democracy @TPM talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/princ… 3 days ago
- Boston: One Year Later via @SInow #BostonStrong #Longform sportsillustrated.cnn.com/longform/bosto… via @mooventures. A powerful remembrance! #running 6 days ago
- RT @virtualrubio: Global Kids leader writes about her experience creating machinima & her experience with online learning: http://t.co/lCq… 6 days ago
- RT @SFCG_: we #ShareNotFight to rebalance the destruction of the environment caused by violent conflict! join at bit.ly/1hJSgwh #Ea… 6 days ago
- RT @viewfromthecave: #Brazil's Bolsa Família: welfare model or menace? flip.it/Ml3Zt HT @marissamiley @auedu285 6 days ago