The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- RT @RunningQuotes: #Running is a balance of physical exertion, enhanced mental awareness and spiritual peace via @JeffGalloway 22 hours ago
- RT @RunningQuotes: I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of #life as much as they are looking for the experience of being aliv… 22 hours ago
- Can A Bike Be Both Cheap And Beautiful? flip.it/Nnvvm 22 hours ago
- RT @GlobalEduFirst: The world is in desperate need of more teachers flip.it/e6Bij via @HuffPostEdu #auedu285 22 hours ago
- RT @ONECampaign: A #MustRead: flip.it/JZMVd 11 ways to make overseas aid even better! flip.it/JCm9G @auedu285 1 day ago
- 26 Forgotten Words You Should Start Using Immediately huff.to/1ryUUF2 via @HuffPostBooks 5 days ago
- RT @vegan: Tired of the same old same old vegan breakfasts? Get some fresh ideas here: vegan.com/breakfast/ 6 days ago