The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- Interested in online courses about #peacebuilding and #conflictresolution? Check out @USIP Global Campus - bit.ly/1Clwf1N #usipGC 7 hours ago
- Sign the petition: Stand With SC7 99rise.org/stand_with_sc7… 1 week ago
- RT @AfPeacebuilding: Jan 22 Thurs 12PM: Tune in for a special episode on impact through #nonviolence on @USIP's Peace Frequency http://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @RunningQuotes: If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to kee… 1 week ago
- 9 #Vegan Food Hacks That Are The Height Of Inventiveness flip.it/ZgMx9 2 weeks ago
- 17 Make-Ahead Breakfasts for Busy Mornings flip.it/8HKOg 2 weeks ago
- RT @vegan: Always choose compassion. 2 weeks ago