The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- BBC News - Citizen journalists capture life in Raqqa under Islamic State bbc.com/news/blogs-tre… 14 hours ago
- RT @RossKUrken: Here’s what Thanksgiving dinner would look like if plated by Picasso or Pollock: slate.com/blogs/the_eye/… via @slate 23 hours ago
- The illustrated guide to saving the planet - CNN apple.news/ARpq4jBVIQD20x… 1 day ago
- RT @ggjalliance: Indigenous and Grassroots leaders going to #Paris #COP21 follow us: ittakesroots.org @IENearth @CJAOurPower https:/… 2 days ago
- RT @politico: What the CIA knew before 9/11: New details politi.co/1O7ppQP | Getty https://t.co/UKyWbbiT2w 1 week ago
- Could Hip-Hop Culture Save Our Schools? peace-ed-campaign.org/could-hip-hop-… via @IIPEpeaceEd 2 weeks ago
- RT @warresistersint: Time to give peace education a chance in schools theguardian.com/education/2015… #UK @PeaceEduQuaker @ForcesWatch @CNDPeaceEd 2 weeks ago