The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- Via @nprnews: James Lawson: An Advocate of Peaceful Change npr.org/templates/stor… @nvconflict @peacelearner 4 hours ago
- Five-Minute Film Festival: Ten Videos on Kindness, Empathy, and Connection edut.to/ZNAETM via @edutopia 21 hours ago
- Gamifying Student Engagement edut.to/13PcMlI via @edutopia 21 hours ago
- Smiles and joy at the end of a father daughter bike ride. @ablipsky instagram.com/p/Zl7D5nxk8I/ 1 day ago
- Just completed a 8.90 mi bike - Biked home from my parent's house with Kaiya. She is logging some se ... rnkpr.com/a31hx77 #RunKeeper 1 day ago
- Just completed a 4.58 mi bike - Rode to my parent's house to pick up Kaiya on my way home from work. rnkpr.com/a31hihq #RunKeeper 1 day ago
- Just completed a 8.83 mi bike - Biked to my parent's house to drop off Kaiya on my way to work. @abl ... rnkpr.com/a31cnp5 #RunKeeper 1 day ago