Senior Program Officer
United States Institute of Peace
Washington, DC / October 2013 – Present
- Lead online curriculum development and educational design for the USIP’s Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding.
Senior Director, Learning & Digital Strategies
International Center on Nonviolent Conflict
Washington, DC / July 2009 – October 2013
- Develop and implement ways to communicate, teach, and disseminate information, content and educational resources via professional level courses, university seminars, webinars, online learning, workshops, educational events, social networks, and digital tools;
- Develop strategy and manage content for organization’s website;
- Facilitate workshops for community groups and organizations.
Peace Educator in Residence & Adjunct Professor
Washington, DC / June 2009 – Present
- Design and teach the undergraduate course, “Education for International Development;”
- Design and teach the graduate level course, “Education for Peace and Conflict Resolution,” a continuing education course for DC Public School teachers, counselors, and administrators.
- Organize and coordinate campus and area events around peace and nonviolence education
Director, Youth Programs
Washington, DC / Sept 2008 – Aug 2009
- Mentored and trained students how to organize grassroots issue campaigns;
- Designed issue campaigns and educational events geared towards college and university campuses;
- Met with members of Congress to address policy and legislation;
- Built partnerships with and lead outreach to other youth advocacy organizations;
- Gave presentations and conducted workshops on various topics at conferences and on campuses.
Democracy Matters Institute
Oct 2007 – Sept 2008
- Mentored and trained student organizers on twenty college campuses;
- Started the Democracy Matters High School Fellows Program;
- Gave presentations and workshops on various topics at colleges, high schools, and conferences;
- Designed and maintained new website for organization;
- Created promotional materials and multimedia resources;
- Assisted the Executive Director in administrative planning and implementation.
Putney Student Travel, Excel Program
Amherst, MA / June 2006 – Aug 2006
- Designed and taught two, college level courses – “The History of War” and “International Relations.”
- Helped students organize their own community action initiatives focusing on an international issue of their choosing.
Program Supervisor and Instructor
Close Up Foundation
Alexandria, VA / January 2004 – June 2006
- Interviewed, trained, and supervised a staff of fifteen program instructors;
- Designed and facilitated civic education, civil society training, and current issue workshops for students from all across America and the globe;
- Received over 350 hours of training in the fields of experiential education, community building, and leadership development;
- Received “Outstanding Program Staff Award” and “Above and Beyond the Call of Duty Award.”
Urban Crew Leader
Student Conservation Association
Washington, DC / June 2004 – Aug 2004
- Led group of high school students in conservation projects around the DC area.