This past weekend I gave a presentation on skills and approaches to teaching and facilitation for the One World Youth Project (OWYP). OWYP is a great non-profit educational organization that links schools globally in service-learning to prepare the next generation for the globalized 21st century. In service of this mission they train college and university students to go into local high school and middle schools to teach and implement elements of the OWYP curriculum which focuses on exploring the Millennium Development Goals and other global issues. My presentation was filmed and will be put online to be used as a resources for college students who are “educators in training” interested in learning more about specific education approaches and teaching techniques that can help them be creative, culturally aware, and effective facilitators for OWYP. Continue reading to check out my remarks.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- Interview for 30 Years of Nonviolence International – Sharing History
- Interview for 30 Years of Nonviolence International – Exploring Abstract Concepts through Storytelling
- Black Leadership in Advancing International Peace and Security
- Dialogue and Reconciliation in Nonviolent Action
- Using Negotiation in Nonviolent Action
- @AccotinkFriends Thanks for capturing this moment with my running buddy, Kaz. And thanks for taking care of one of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @AccotinkFriends: Wonderful Fall day for a walkabout on the trails at Lake Accotink Park! Grab your rain jacket and your four legged bud… 1 year ago
- Changing Your Diet Can Help Tamp Down Depression, Boost Mood n.pr/35jQApZ 2 years ago
- What does running do to your brain? amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/t… 2 years ago
- This woman has been on a three-year road trip documenting acts of kindness washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2019… 2 years ago
- Michael Wardian ran 90 miles around the Beltway, on the hottest day of the year - The Washington Post washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07… 2 years ago
- .@jpinsk profiles half a dozen people who prefer consistency in their daily meals, including one man who brought th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago