This weekend I had the privilege of giving the keynote address at the 24th annual Capital Area Association for Peace Studies student conference. It was such a pleasure speaking with all the students and then attending several of their project and paper presentations. I also enjoyed putting together my remarks because it gave me an opportunity to (1) explain how the work of peace scholars is transforming the world and why that is important and (2) how my work in the field of nonviolent conflict and civil resistance in increasingly influencing the interest in peace studies. Click above to listen or click read more below to read my remarks.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- Indian Pacific Wheel Race in Australia cancelled after death of Brit cycling legend mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i… 1 week ago
- 13 inspirational cycling quotes to live your life by flip.it/IVJKxZ 2 weeks ago
- What We Learned from the Athlete-Packed, Plant-Based Diet Documentary 'The Game Changers' - FOOD & WINE apple.news/AIIPB226CRgumR… 2 weeks ago
- Keep Your Head Up: How Smartphone Addiction Kills Manners and Moods - The New York Times apple.news/Auvb0pkpCS8aiq… 3 weeks ago
- This Woman’s Reaction to a #Vegan BLT From Whole Foods Is Everything flip.it/vreUKV 3 weeks ago
- This Artist Re-Created Sexist Vintage Ads With The Roles Reversed And It's Too Perfect flip.it/Yl-Yd_ 1 month ago
- Read Early Drafts of Martin Luther King's Speeches po.st/oZX1Pk via @SmithsonianMag 1 month ago