What do you get when you bring together some of the leading thinkers, activists, scholars, hackers, writers, and designers in the fields of social media, open-source and digital technology? You get the 2011 Personal Democracy Forum. Luckily, this year I was one of 1,000 attendees to participate in this yearly gathering to learn from and network with these brilliant minds and innovative creators. I also had the pleasure of enjoying this conference with two of my ICNC colleagues, Nicola Barrach and Althea Middleton-Detzner. While we were there we also got to meet up and hang out with our friends Eric Stoner, Bryan Farrell and Nathan Schneider from Waging Nonviolence, Katie Halper from Living Liberally, Matthew Slutsky from Change.org, and our friends Emily Jacobi, Mark Belinsky, and Biz Ghormley from Digital Democracy. In addition to getting see our friends, we also saw some great presentations. Click through to learn and see more about some of my favorite presentation from the conference.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- Eliud Kipchoge Crushes Marathon World Record at Berlin Marathon runnersworld.com/news/a23244541… 2 days ago
- We’ve so overscheduled our kids that doctors are now prescribing playtime washingtonpost.com/outlook/weve-s… 2 days ago
- The death defying course some of the world's best mountain bike riders are taking on in Wales this weekend walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-… 3 days ago
- 36 Hours On The C&O Canal: Ultramarathoner Michael Wardian Beats 40-Year-Old Record | WAMU wamu.org/story/18/09/10… 1 week ago
- NFL Legend Emmitt Smith Loves Cycling (And He's a Total Power Geek) bicycling.com/culture/a22715… 1 month ago
- This mom is running 50 Ironman races in 50 days nypost.com/2018/08/09/thi… 1 month ago
- Top 13 Cycling Cities in the US - Travel Channel apple.news/A_bwRzKCCRhKE9… 5 months ago