This week I had the opportunity to give a presentation and lead some exercises around peace education with a group of 35 high school students (9th and 10th graders) from two schools in Queens, NY. They were visiting DC as part of a Global Kids trip. Global Kids is an “educational organization for global learning and youth development – works to ensure that urban youth have the knowledge, skills, experiences and values they need to succeed in school, participate effectively in the democratic process, and achieve leadership in their communities and on the global stage.” This was a unique and valuable experience for a number of reasons I will outline below and I very much appreciated the time I got to spend with the students.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- Interview for 30 Years of Nonviolence International – Sharing History
- Interview for 30 Years of Nonviolence International – Exploring Abstract Concepts through Storytelling
- Black Leadership in Advancing International Peace and Security
- Dialogue and Reconciliation in Nonviolent Action
- Using Negotiation in Nonviolent Action
- @AccotinkFriends Thanks for capturing this moment with my running buddy, Kaz. And thanks for taking care of one of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @AccotinkFriends: Wonderful Fall day for a walkabout on the trails at Lake Accotink Park! Grab your rain jacket and your four legged bud… 1 year ago
- Changing Your Diet Can Help Tamp Down Depression, Boost Mood n.pr/35jQApZ 2 years ago
- What does running do to your brain? amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/t… 2 years ago
- This woman has been on a three-year road trip documenting acts of kindness washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2019… 3 years ago
- Michael Wardian ran 90 miles around the Beltway, on the hottest day of the year - The Washington Post washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07… 3 years ago
- .@jpinsk profiles half a dozen people who prefer consistency in their daily meals, including one man who brought th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago