The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- Excited for today's event at @USIP exploring Media and Arts for… instagram.com/p/BUhU6IclG6NN… 4 weeks ago
- RT @USIP: Thursday: join us at our HQ or online as we launch a new web course on Media and Arts for Peace usipglobalcampus.org/media-and-arts… #MediaArt… 1 month ago
- NPR Is Launching A Podcast For Kids And It Sounds Freaking Awesome flip.it/2tPFJR 1 month ago
- Don't feel guilty for Netflix bingeing flip.it/fwPztZ 1 month ago
- Is this the future of college: Online classes, but no degree flip.it/-_1CXK 1 month ago
- RT @TheRoot: Battling for environmental justice is also a fight for racial justice: flip.it/l1D7Wt https://t.co/v2oAIHs7ko 1 month ago
- Yes, You Can Measure White Privilege flip.it/NWvurY 2 months ago