The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- RT @TheAtlantic: The number to avoid on the new nutrition labels theatln.tc/1X34R3d https://t.co/tnqpxHAfbG 1 day ago
- A Handy Reference Guide For Winning Every Anti-Cycling Argument Ever flip.it/hkFip 4 days ago
- RT @FastCoExist: This running shoe inspired by Kenya's elite runners is actually made in Kenya buff.ly/22nqNoN https://t.co/92KbWcl… 5 days ago
- Everything You Need to Know About the New Nutrition Labels flip.it/RzUpW 1 week ago
- RT @HuffingtonPost: 🚲 Happy #BiketoWorkDay2016! https://t.co/zWm3fGyxQK 1 week ago
- RT @WalkerSamui: If the grass looks greener on the other side Stop staring Stop comparing Stop complaining and start watering the grass… 1 week ago
- A new Ben & Jerry's flavor is here! Empower Mint is designed to fight money in politics and voter suppresion: fastcompany.com/3059864/empowe… 1 week ago