The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- RT @WalkerSamui: Let go of - ego - entitlement - resentment - hate - doubt Hold on to - positivity - gratitude - optimism - hope - love #… 1 day ago
- Sign up for a day of #cycling with the #OCUPeaceRide to support @OneCommonUnity #peace and #nonviolence. ocupeaceride.wordpress.com #bikedc 5 days ago
- RT @OneCommonUnity: Join us Oct 15 for our first Peace Ride to prevent violence and promote peace in our communities ow.ly/zufP30495JC 2 weeks ago
- RT @HuffPostPol: 29 badass images of women winning and exercising the right to vote huff.to/2bie3xo https://t.co/iNkCLt1CcK 1 month ago
- RT @MontessoriUnLTD: 5 picture books that will help teach your child about diversity & compassion: bit.ly/2bLvEkn https://t.co/o4G… 1 month ago
- RT @CommonCause: It's the anniversary of the 19th amendment today.We celebrate our democracy & our inclusiveness.#Election2016 https://t.co… 1 month ago
- foreignpolicy.com/2012/04/24/wha… 1 month ago