The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- How Exercise Can Keep Aging Muscles and Immune Systems ‘Young’ via @NYTimes nyti.ms/2Grw6Q9 2 days ago
- My students call me the ‘peace teacher.’ My job has never felt more important. wapo.st/2FqM3od?tid=ss… 1 week ago
- Keegan-Michael Key’s Reaction To Jordan Peele Winning An Oscar Is Pure Joy flip.it/Ozy9pu 2 weeks ago
- Why learning from experience is the educational wave of the future flip.it/0chiIS 3 weeks ago
- Steven Pinker recommends books to make you an optimist flip.it/igJHDz 3 weeks ago
- In a time of divisiveness, lessons on listening at a Virginia school wapo.st/2BRawEv?tid=ss… 3 weeks ago
- The triumphant return of Rebel Girls: ‘We are proud our book has become a symbol of resistance' flip.it/mgifMs 3 weeks ago