The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- RT @WalkerSamui: If the grass looks greener on the other side Stop staring Stop comparing Stop complaining and start watering the grass… 3 weeks ago
- Meat is horrible wpo.st/Nvoj1 4 weeks ago
- An Interview With Lael Wilcox, the First Woman to Win the Brutal 4,000 Mile Trans Am Bike Race jezebel.com/interview-with… 1 month ago
- Join the online OVEE screening on 06/23/2016 at 4:00pm Eastern Time of The Practice of Nonviolent Action ovee.itvs.org/screenings/5m7… 1 month ago
- 'She-Ra' and the fight against the token girl theatlantic.com/entertainment/… 1 month ago
- The future of peacebuilding: six lessons from Next Gen Peace - Peace Direct 1 month ago
- How to grill vegetables right, no matter the shape flip.it/a7j3x 1 month ago