The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- 10 Memorable Quotes About Bike Riding flip.it/6EB2NP 6 days ago
- 10 Free Online Courses That Will Make You Happier flip.it/ePzUqo 1 week ago
- The 10 Commandments of Emotional Intelligence flip.it/ShY6o_ 1 week ago
- Is Watermelon Good for You? flip.it/uEZAGm 2 weeks ago
- The 30-Day Healthy Eating Challenge flip.it/o.KtJi 1 month ago
- 42 Delicious Dinners That Are Meat And Dairy-Free flip.it/g1Mbd6 1 month ago
- Invest in the Future of 20 New Youth Leaders! on @globalgiving: goto.gg/22425 1 month ago