The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- Do Healthy Diets Protect The Planet? As The U.N. Meets, A Focus On Sustainability npr.org/sections/thesa… 3 weeks ago
- Woman Rides Bicycle To 183.9 MPH — A World Record npr.org/2018/09/18/649… 3 weeks ago
- Eliud Kipchoge Crushes Marathon World Record at Berlin Marathon runnersworld.com/news/a23244541… 4 weeks ago
- We’ve so overscheduled our kids that doctors are now prescribing playtime washingtonpost.com/outlook/weve-s… 4 weeks ago
- The death defying course some of the world's best mountain bike riders are taking on in Wales this weekend walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/food-… 4 weeks ago
- 36 Hours On The C&O Canal: Ultramarathoner Michael Wardian Beats 40-Year-Old Record | WAMU wamu.org/story/18/09/10… 1 month ago
- NFL Legend Emmitt Smith Loves Cycling (And He's a Total Power Geek) bicycling.com/culture/a22715… 2 months ago