The Fall 2011 semester at American University began on August 31st. This semester I am teaching two different courses: Education for International Development (EDU285), which meets on Wednesdays from 2:35pm – 5:15pm and Peace Pedagogy (EDU596), which meets right after from 5:30pm – 8:00pm. This is the first time that I have taught two courses in one semester, let alone back to back on the same day, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling a bit overwhelmed taking on this course load on top of my full time job. That being said, the first few weeks have been going well. I have great groups of students, interesting subject matter, and a “manageable” schedule. There are also some new teaching tools and methods that I am trying out this semester and I am looking forward to seeing how they pan out.
What is this?This is a professional resume blog that highlights different elements of my career and provides more information about the skills, passions, and interests I bring to my work.
- What does running do to your brain? amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/t… 6 days ago
- This woman has been on a three-year road trip documenting acts of kindness washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2019… 1 month ago
- Michael Wardian ran 90 miles around the Beltway, on the hottest day of the year - The Washington Post washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07… 1 month ago
- .@jpinsk profiles half a dozen people who prefer consistency in their daily meals, including one man who brought th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- Susannah Gill Smashes World Record for 7 Marathons in 7 Continents in 7 Days runnersworld.com/news/a26268341… 6 months ago
- A coast-to-coast bike trail is coming to the U.S. curbed.com/2019/2/6/18213… via @Curbed 6 months ago
- Men Cause 100% of Unwanted Pregnancies by Gabrielle Blair link.medium.com/NQBudcfoxS 8 months ago